Back in 1937, the St. Francis Church in St. Paul, Minnesota sought to create a new high school for the increasingly rising volume of catholic-school students. Construction began in 1938 on the new high school, however the construction was halted due to the second world war occurring at the time. Building later resumed in 1946 after the war ended and the building was finished in December of that year. The first class admitted to Francis High School were welcomed an entire ten years after the initial school’s plans were made in 1947. For the past 70+ years we have taken pride in our history and use it to enrich our curriculum.